The proposed project objectives are aligned to save lives of malnourished children under 5 and to ensure that GAM (Global Acute Malnutrition) rate in the targeted area is maintained below the 15% emergency threshold by improving nutritional status of children under <5 years of age, women of reproductive age through provision of effective nutritional services at the community level through outreach and facility level; that meet national and internationally recommended minimum standard of care for population affected by malnutrition.
The Primary objectives of proposed project services are to implement the specific activities as per agreed TORs of Balochistan Nutrition Program for Mothers and Children (BNPMC) in District Dera Bugti. Which will be following:
- To ensure the effective implementation of program by increasing the coverage of the planned nutrition interventions in target districts.
- To provide access to the nutrition services by focused communities through TSFPs
- established by partner NGO at community level in target districts.
- To create awareness and educate communities particularly the PLWs and adolescents to adopt positive behavior for reduction of incidences of malnutrition.
Project Operational Plan:
HOPE has well established and fully strengthened field office in proposed district DeraBugti, which will be utilized for the implementation of activities. The required equipment for operations of services including computer with printer for data updating and documentation, Laptop for field level data / progress sharing, Office tables and chairs for field staff and Internet link for networking will be utilized and available during the execution of activities.
HOPE has established program management unites at head office level from the effective date of implementation till end of project to ensure the timely coordination and linkages with BNPMC and WFP provide timely data and reporting (Completion).
- Preliminary Meetings
- Logistic and Transpiration for activities
- Field Staff Capacity Building
- Teams Composition
- Area Mapping
- Campaign Method Screening
- Regular Nutrition (CMAM) Services
- Targeted (Nutrition Services)
- Coordination and Linkages
- Monitoring, Supervision and Reporting